FCNI Committee Structure
In addition to the Board of Directors, Standing Committees will manage specific tasks for the organization. As per the Bylaws the following Standing Committees are:
- Education Committee - The Education Committee shall be composed of at least two members and chaired by a Board member. This committee shall be responsible for planning, conducting, and evaluating at least two continuing education presentations each year.
- Executive Committee – The four officers (President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer) of the Board of Directors comprise this committee, which will conduct the business of the organization between Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Finance Committee – The Treasurer chairs this committee along with three other directors. This committee is responsible for the financial management of the organization.
- Governance Committee – This committee of three members is tasked with overseeing compliance of and revisions to the Bylaws
- Leadership Succession Committee – This elected committee of five members is responsible for mentoring and recruiting members for leadership positions within the organization.
- Marketing Committee – Members will plan, develop, and implement strategies involved with the marketing of the organization.
- Membership and Outreach Committee – Develops membership through recruitment, retention, and involvement of members, promoting communication and membership support with utilization of a membership management program for ease of processing.
- Practice Committee – The primary purpose of the FCNI Practice Committee is to support FCNs in practice, with a focus to identify, apply, and engage in Evidence-Based Practice. The Practice Committee functions as an ad hoc committee aligned with the Research Committee’s strategic focus on research in faith community nursing to support the development and sustainability of the FCNs in practice settings and with the establishment of outcome metrics.
- Research Committee – promotes and supports Faith Community Nursing research through:
- providing resources related to the development, implementation, and evaluation of research projects
- establishing a researcher network that can provide guidance and expertise to its members
- focusing on the importance of documentation of FCN activities to provide a rich data source for Faith Community Nursing research projects.
- Technology Committee – Promotes the use of technology to enhance communication and support for the organization; maintains the website; supports the membership management program; expands social networking.