Faith Community Nurses International Research Forum
was held as a preconference course at the Westberg Symposium
on April 8th, 2019
- The FCNI Research Forum at the Westberg Symposium was filled with pertinent nursing theories, research findings, and mechanisms to utilize translational research and incorporate research data to practice!
- The FCN citation list, information on where to publish, while Beverly Siegrist, Editor of the International Journal of Faith Community Nursing and Christy Secor, Professional Ministries Director for Nurses Christian Fellowship and Journal of Christian Nursing author provided encouragement to promote our specialty practice with shared knowledge and publications.
- Susan Chase, EdD, RN, FNAP was presented with the first Susan Mills Memorial Translational Research certificate, which was presented by Susan Mills' husband, Michael Mills.
- The culminating round table discussion on research implementation resulted in over half of the participants acknowledging they would consider submitting an article for publication.
- Information was presented concerning the upcoming release of Faith Community Nursing: An International Specialty Practice Changing the Understanding of Health by Ann Solari-Twadell, PhD, RN, MPA, FAAN, and Deborah Ziebarth, PhD, MSN, RN-BC.
- We are already discussing plans for the 2020 FCNI Research Forum at the Westberg Symposium scheduled on April 20-22, 2020 in Sante Fe, New Mexico, which is being held at the Caring for the Human Spirit Conference.
Faith Community Nurses Professional Practice Standards, Guidelines, and Resources
Please visit this page again soon and often for more information about Education opportunities with FCNI.
Faith Community Nursing
Scope and Standards of Practice
In collaboration with American Nurses Association, Heath Ministries Association, and feedback from numerous practicing faith community nurses the revision of
Faith Community Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition is available.
The International Parish Nurse Resource Center (IPNRC) and the Church Health Center are now incorporated into the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing at https://westberginstitute.org/
For recommendations or problems with this site, please contact the Website Committee at email@example.com